Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Copyright for Teachers

Copyright for teachers is definitely a sticky subject. It surprised me at how much is actually against the law. It also surprised me how many of my past teachers got away with things. I know we've watched movies in class that had nothing to do with what we were studying on days that were either half days or towards the end of the year. We also often used songs in projects and presentations. I also have had several teachers just copy short stories, books, and random other things either from originals or the internet. As far as outside of school, I've seen people have movie groups in church and township activities all the time, and I'm pretty sure they never paid anyone. I believe it is my job to teach copyright to students because that way I know I will have to be in the clear all of the time. Also, it can help them in the long run to realize what is right. I can do this by setting an example. I have to practice what I preach. Copyright is tricky, however, and I feel like I would have to look into the topic more.

No comments:

Post a Comment